2017-18 School Council Executive
Chair – Rebecca Banman
Secretary – Angie Glencross
Treasurer – Laurie Hunter
School Council Agenda
September 25, 2017
- Role of School Council
- Elections and/or Volunteers
- Construction Update
- What’s happening at the Q this year?
- Goals, Direction and Meetings for 2016-17
- Concerns/Questions/Other Business
October 25, 2017
1. Welcome and Introductions2. From the Office3. Update on construction4. Is there a Nutrition for Learning Program at the Q?5. Fundraising ideas– can money be raised for a grade 8 end-of-year trip to take place in the Region within school hours?-can money be raised for a grade 8 end-of-year trip to a Blue Jays baseball game?-are there any requests from teachers-is this an idea that would be welcomed: Ask parents now, at the beginning of the year : “Would you be willing to donate funds to the school? Over the course of the year we are planning a few trips and speakers for the entire student body to participate it”.6. Did anyone attend the WRAPSC meeting and have info to share?Next meeting, November 7, 7pm – 9pmWhereForest Heights Collegiate Institute, 255 Fischer-Hallman Rd, Kitchener, ON N2M 4X8, Canada
DescriptionForest Heights Collegiate Institute – Library7. Is there any SCIS updates or news to be shared?8. Next meeting:Do we want to change the date?Nov 29, 7 pm
November 28, 2017
- School update from principal (s)
- Music concert on Dec 14
-Music council is supplying cookies free of charge to audience
-May we ask Mr. Regimbal if School Council can supply cookies for a charge as a fundraiser
-We do want a table/poster to promote attendance at parent council
- Safe, Caring, and Inclusive Schools
- Parent Involvement Grant
- Any questions/comments/ideas?
- Next meeting is…
January 23, 2018
- Our vision : to make sure every child has what they need to succeed at school. We want to take into account the needs of all the students
- News from the office
-PIC and WRAPSC Parent Event – April 8, 2017 – Empowering Students with Parent Engagement
–CASL – has this affected our school/home communications?
-School-Day – What is the best use for our school?
-Google Groups – do we want to set up a Google group for our council?
-the email list doesn’t get deleted
-it is CASL compliant
5. Co-chair : parent of a Gr 7 student who is willing to be chair of next year’s council
6. Other business
- Is there a project we would like to take on from the list of suggested fundraising needs given to us by the teachers?
- How many meetings would we like to have before June?
School Council Minutes